Onder De Bogen
Think. Dare. Do.
Onder De Bogen is a Dutch bilingual school in Leidsche Rijn Centrum. Here, children with knowledge of Dutch and English discover their place in the world.
Learn to think, investigate, ask questions, be curious, develop skills and find answers. Meet Onder De Bogen.
Also Onder De Bogen
- Social skills training (SST) which contributes to a pleasant atmosphere in the classroom
- Debating and philiosophy classes to develop public speaking skills and stimulate critical thinking
- Thematic projects that challenge students to collaborate and capitalise on one another’s resources and skills
- Digital resources like tablets and laptops to support the lessons.
Bilingual, because it’s a big, big world
Onder De Bogen is the first fully bilingual primary school in Utrecht. This means that we teach in Dutch and English to all of our students. We use the International Primary Curriculum (IPC) for subjects like art, geography, history, music, science, society and international learning goals. With this, we prepare our students for the present and future society.
The main language between school and parents is Dutch. We expect students who attend our school to have at least a basic knowledge of the Dutch language and to be able to follow the Dutch curriculum.
- Voluntary parental fee: €110 per student per year
- Excursions group 1-7 (KG1 - grade 5): €30 per student per year
- School camp group 8 (grade 6): €120
We currently admit children from postcode area 3541 and Vlinderbuurt (part of Parkwijk). You can join our waiting list if you live outside this area.
Admissions for the school year 2018-2019 and for children that were born in 2013 and 2014 are closed. Admission forms are available at our information mornings.
Newcomers and students from ISU
For admission to our school, children's Dutch must meet a required level. Children over the age of four that have not previously attended a Dutch primary school, first need to attend the Taalschool until they reach the required level. Children who have attended an International School also need to attend the Taalschool first, until they meet the required level of Dutch.
The information mornings for English speaking parents that would like to know more about our school and the curriculum start at 9.00 hrs. Please fill out the form below to let us know that you would like to attend. You will receive a confirmation of your admission within a week. You can get travel directions here.